Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Conceptualization - Part 2

Hello.

I have chosen one of my previous ideas, the story Queues, and I have done a Storyboard for it. The idea of this Storyboard is to determine the pace, the different types of camera angles and shots, as well as to give a better idea of the flow of the story. The drawings are not very detailed, as this is not the objective of this Storyboard.

I have also done a Logo for "my company" of animation films, to better support what I am selling with this project.

I present you the story Queues:



Pitch
A busy day in the tax office. A regular guy goes to there to deliver some forms, but the queues are endless, and he has to wait a long time. While waiting, a succession of events happen, that make him regret being such a nice and respectful guy towards other people, since everyone just gets in front of him.

Plot
Charles, a regular guy, is waiting in the tax office queue. As usual, all of the open cashiers have an endless line. Suddenly, another lane opens, he looks to his back and everyone that was after him just moves really quickly to the open lane. He takes a deep breath and decides to stay on the same lane. A few seconds later, a new lane opens, he hesitates for a second, but then decides he goes for it, but everyone in front of him got there first, so he goes back to his place.
A minute or so later, he is the next in line to be attended, but the cashier just places a sign that the lane is closed. Starting to get angry he sees a new lane opening, and another lane almost empty, he goes for the new lane, but all of the people behind him get there before him, he stands between the two mentioned lanes, tries to go for the almost empty one, while looking back, and bumps into someone that gestures for him to go back to the queue.
Starting to get pissed of, he notices there is only two lanes open. He decides to be more aggressive, changing lanes every time he notices that one queue is shorter than the other. This goes on and on, until there is only him and two other persons, on in each lane. One of them leaves, and he rushes to the open lane, just to see that the person there left for lunch. He looks at the other lane, runs like crazy, and as soon as he gets there, the employee also goes for lunch.
Disappointed, Charles gets angry and walks towards the exit swearing and waving hands while looking back at the closed lanes, gets close to the door, and SLAM, hits the door hard, and falls flat on the floor.
The end.
Storyboard 
 


 Logo



Final Thoughts
Having to present my ideas in a more professional way, I feel that I do not have any experience on it. 

I believe the way I presented them, to be the best way to approach a producer and show him my ideas. But in the end, I cannot imagine what the reaction would be. Or even if I would have the necessary discernment to stay calm and say everything I planned to say, when I find myself in this situation. It is a whole different environment to be presenting the ideas to a live audience, rather then just writing about them.

It sure is a bit different of the informal way from previous projects, but as I always try to present my ideas the best way possible, so that everyone that reads them can understand what I intend to do, I took a very similar approach to it.

Of course, my way can be completely wrong, and I don´t even notice it, but one thing is for sure: I did what I thought it was best, so that must count for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment